WSP Health & Safety
Focus on workplace safety
Creating a positive Health & Safety culture within our team has been a focus for WSP.
We care about Team and ensure we provide them with the right tools and training so when our technicians arrive on site, they can consistently execute the works professionally, efficiently, and safely. We are committed to achieving the highest levels of safety for our people and our clients by following our robust processes and systems.
We have a dedicated HSEQ Manager who works closely with our Health and Safety Representatives in every state office to offer on-the-ground support to our team and clients and ensures up to date legislative and regulatory compliance nationally.
Our WHS Committee are dedicated to the continual improvement of our safety systems. We regularly consult with employees and clients to ensure safety concerns are addressed and conduct behavioural based safety monitoring with on-site safety audits on every project.
Our ISO45001 Accredited WHS Management System is more than a document or a box-ticking exercise. It is embedded in our companies culture to ensure safety is front of mind to start each day, and is independently audited for major clients such as BP Australia, Viva Energy, BGIS, Programmed Facility Management and is accredited with the highest A-rating on ISNetworld and CM3.
WSP Services is committed to reducing the negative impacts of its operations on the environment. As a service-based organisation we strive to minimise negative impacts on the environment in many small ways, while encouraging our staff and suppliers to exhibit responsible and sustainable environmental behaviour.
The key principles and actions underpinning our environmental policy principles are to:
- Lead from the top – we take environmental issues seriously our senior management team is committed to understanding and elevating environmental issues
- Lead by doing – where possible, we develop and support small-scale environmental improvement plans at sites, including responsibly management of waste & fuel products.
- Lead by engaging – we consult with our team and suppliers to ensure environmental impacts on sites are understood and addressed
We maintain and continuously improve our environmental management system that complies with ISO 14001:2015 requirements, and all other relevant environmental legislation and standards.
Our environmental objectives are to:
- Minimise environmental impact to land, water, air, flora and fauna
- Prevent pollution
- Protect the environment
- Preserve natural resources
- Conserve heritage sites
Digital Quality & Safety
Our cloud-based, digital document and quality system, Fieldview, helps us consistently deliver quality for our clients, using these features:
- Customisable – to client- and job-specific requirements
- 24/7 access & functionality, even when offline – for in-house staff and contractors to complete project safety documents and project-specific forms in real-time in the field. The program can record data offline and sync and update when internet connection is available.
- Document submission & data capture – for all project documentation, including site photos, drawings and checklists. Our system enables each project site status to be recorded as “issued”, “in progress” and “completed’, helping our project managers monitor project status / progress and review the data to ensure it is complete and comprehensive.
- Project status updates & approval process – each job / project is tracked and managed from “issued” to “completed”, including sign-off. Sign-off / Approval by client representatives can also be facilitated. Jobs can be tagged “defected” and sent for rectification. The rectification evidence can be submitted using the Fieldview system.
- Real-time reporting – on project status / progress to facilitate updates and resource management